Professional advice on nutrition and diet for general health or special needs
Children have unique nutritional needs that must be met for them to grow, develop and thrive.
But do you know the best foods to include in their meals or how to deal with fussy eaters? Or your child may have a nutritional condition that requires professional advice and treatment.
Our paediatric dietitians can help.
We provide practical advice for parents, helping you understand your child’s medical condition and offering high quality individual care. Our multidisciplinary team have expertise in paediatric nutrition and dietetics with experience treating children of all ages from infants to adolescents.
In addition to offering healthy eating advice and conducting nutritional assessments we can assess and treat a variety of dietary-related issues experienced by children, including:
- Managing food allergies and intolerances
- Treating vitamin and mineral deficiencies
- Managing fussy eating and food refusal
- Assisting overweight and obese children
- Advice for children following a vegetarian and vegan diet
- Supporting children experiencing faltering growth or failure to thrive (FTT)
As a multi-disciplinary paediatric clinic our other specialists are also available for assessment depending on the needs of your child.
Please ask for a referral to The Children’s Clinic or contact our friendly team directly to find out if we can help with any aspect of your child’s nutritional needs.